FVACFSS Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic Updates
March 25, 2020
Note to Caregivers
If a child, youth, caregiver or contractor involved with FVACFSS becomes ill with Covid-19, please report it immediately to the Child’s social worker and the Resources social worker, as well as report it to the provincial centralized screening at 1-800-663-9122.
March 19, 2020
After careful consideration and consultation with the government, health authorities and our community partners, we have decided to take precautions to help protect the safety of the public and our staff, as well as to do our part in “flattening the curve.”
We are an essential service and committed to continuing to serve our clients and communities. However, we are making some temporary adjustments to how we operate during this crisis. We are committed to communicating regularly with our partners as the situation evolves. The changes are effective Friday, March 20 and are as follows:
- We are closing the Langley (Eastleigh and 56 Street), Mission and Hazel street office in Chilliwack to the public. Clients who need in person services, such as picking up documents or a cheque should call their local office.
- The Surrey, Abbotsford, Agassiz and Chilliwack offices will remain open. These offices will be staffed with a scaled back staff. Most of our staff will be working from home.
- Clients who need in person services can call their local office (telephone numbers listed below).
- For emergency situations, staff will be available to help. Please call the Helpline at: 1-866-851-4619.
- Meetings may be held using technologies such as teleconferencing, FaceTime, Microsoft teams or Skype.
- Surrey Supported Connections program will remain open.
Contact Telephone Numbers
Chilliwack: 604-858-0113 / Toll-free: 1-866-851-4619
Abbotsford: 604-855-3328 / Toll-free: 1-855-855-3324
Agassiz: 604-796-9836 / Toll-free: 1-888-593-5053
Langley: 604-533-8826 / Toll-free: 1-855-533-8836
Mission: 604-820-2595 / Toll-free: 1-888-820-2595
We will remain in direct contact with our First Nations communities, clients and caregivers as the situation evolves. We will be sharing updates on our website (www.fvacfss.ca) as well as on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Xyolhemeylh).
Please do not hesitate to contact us at one of the above telephone numbers or email: [email protected] Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.