FOSTER CARE RECRUITMENT
FVACFSS provides a full range of child welfare services, including out of care placement options for children when they cannot reside in their own homes. Resource Social Workers assist families by recruiting, training and supporting caregivers to provide temporary care to children when they are not able to reside in their own homes.
Resource Social Workers provide a support network to caregivers by coordinating:
- Cultural and Community Training
- Support and understanding around the interpretation of the Child’s Plan of Care as it relates to the Caregivers
- Planning and matching the child and the caregiver in a placement
- Referrals for the placement of a child with most appropriate Caregiver
- Monitoring and ensuring that the standards of care are met by the Caregiver
For more information about Foster Care, call FVACFSS Resource Social Worker at the office location near you.