The Family and Community Engagement Forum is held each year to provide support for members throughout communities and help parents develop skills to increase their capacity and confidence in meeting the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of their children.
The focus is on helping parents and caregivers strengthen families. The forum starts with a keynote speaker on day one and workshops are hosted throughout. Workshops take place in large and small groups, depending on the topic and activities covered.
Workshops include, but not limited to:
- Anger Management
- Anxiety With Youth
- Bannock Making
- Child Development, Learning Through Play
- Dangers of Sexting, Internet Bullying and Social Media
- Halq’eméylem, A Language Workshop
- Healing with Laughter
- “Sacred Space” – Making a talking stick & learning the importance they hold in a circle
- Slahal – Making a set and learning the teachings